Auditioning for OUR TEAM
Momentum Music exists to create worship experiences that lead people into an engaging encounter with God. If God has given you a gift of music, we want to provide the arena for you to use those gifts. In order to protect the vision and culture God has allowed us to steward, please read the following instructions about our audition process to be considered for our team.
We value the opportunity to lead people in worship, so we place a great amount of energy into seeking out skilled musicians and vocalists to lead in our environments. Prior to applying, please read all of the details below regarding the application process.
what you should know before applying
- We’re accepting all auditions via video submissions.
- If you want to audition for multiple instruments, you can submit one video of all the instruments you play.
- We will view all videos and you will be emailed back if you’ve been asked to continue in the audition process.
- We ask all of our team members to commit to being a part of our church prior to being a part of leading worship. For this reason, we ask that you attend our church for a minimum of 4 weeks before officially joining our team.
- We are looking for vocalists and musicians who have a significant amount of experience in their respective instrument. Additionally, your character, cultural fit and spiritual health are just as important to us. If you don't have a lot of experience, there are still opportunities to serve on our team in other capacities and be developed in the process.
- Our Sunday adult gathering environment requires leaders to be 16 years of age or older to apply. People under 16 years old can apply to serve in our Momentum Students environment, The Crew, on Wednesday nights. We have a worship leadership internship program called Emerge where you can gain practical experience in leadership. If you qualify for Emerge, we can have a conversation about next steps during this process. Email email@example.com to learn more.
- Our call time on Sundays is 5a at each campus. We setup our gear in the morning, then load it out in the afternoon. We currently don't have rehearsals during the week. We ask that every vocalist and musician prepare on their own, then come fully prepared for a run-through on Sunday morning.
- We will view all videos. If you are selected to join our team as a vocalist or musician, we'll follow up with you soon after the live audition. If you are not selected for one of those roles, you may still be a great fit for another role on our team. We'll let you know if that's the case!
STEP 1 - VOLUNTEER APPLICATION & Background check
STEP 2 - audition application & video
Please submit two videos of yourself singing or playing your instrument — or both. The videos should be short in length (no more than 3 minutes). and should give us a good idea of what you sound like and/or how you play. We should be able to know right away if you are the right fit based on your skills in the video. NOTE: Please use the song resources below to send you video audition before filling out the application.
STEP 3 - LIVE AUDITION
If you pass the video audition, we will contact you to take the next step with a live audition. Live auditions happen during rehearsals on Sunday mornings before our gatherings. One of our leaders will reach out to you and set it up.
STEP 4 - final INTERVIEW
We will finalize the audition process with a face-to-face interview to talk about our vision, mission, values and expectations. This is the step where we either invite you to the Momentum Music team or recommend another team. Either way, there's always a place for you at Momentum!
Audition Song Resources
Please submit a video from one of the following songs of yourself singing or playing your instrument — or both. Play or sing the exact parts as played in the recording. For electric guitar parts, play the rhythm and lead parts at separate times. Videos can be recorded with your phone or laptop. Each song you click loads the mp3 and plays it. Video should give us a clear idea of how you sing or play, so make sure audio and video is decent quality.
Please sing the song “This is Amazing Grace” by Phil Wickham or “Unstoppable God” by Elevation Worship A’ Capella (one A’ Capella and one with song). You may choose a key that is comfortable for you.
Please sing the song “My Anchor” by Christy Knockels or “Worship the Great I Am” by Kari Jobe (one A’ Capella and one with song). You may choose a key that is comfortable for you.