SERIES: ACCELERATE: CHANGE LANES
SPEAKER: Pastor Tim
SCRIPTURE: Matthew 5:24-30; Phil. 4:6-7
THE LAUNCHING POINT: Worrying doesn’t work for you; it works against you.
MAKING THE CONNECTION:
1. Worry puts faith in our fears and shortens our years!
- Can you think of a specific worry that is stealing your time/years?
- Share what this saying means to you. “Why worry when you can pray”?
2. In Matthew 6:24, Jesus tells His followers that “you cannot serve two masters, for you will love one and hate the other”.
- What do you think He means by that?
- Can you think of a time in your life where you tried to do this? Share with the group your response.
3. Pastor Tim gave us a list of everyday worries that we focus on.
Here are a few:
- Friends (or lack of)
- Kids/kids safety
1 Peter 5:7 says ”Cast all your cares on Him because He cares for you.”
- What fears or anxieties are you holding onto today?
- Share with your group how to cast these cares and concerns over to God.
4. Phil. 4:6 says “Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be known to God.”. Worry means that you are betting on your fears winning.
- What truth can you claim this week that will strengthen your faith and get rid of your worry?
5. Pastor Tim shared how we can settle for bologna when God has a juicy Filet Mignon waiting for us.
- Examine your heart right now. What do you think you are settling for in this season?
- Share with the group one specific area you can believe God for more.
NEXT STEPS: Whatever you’re going through, know that all things are working for your good.
- Pain always has a purpose
- Prayer brings peace
- Prayer allows you to leave your problems at the cross
- Be worried for nothing
- Pray always
- Trust Him
- Phil. 4:8 "Fix your thoughts on what is true, honorable, right, pure, lovely, and admirable". Think about things that are excellent and worthy of PRAISE!
PRAYER AND PRAISES:
Ask your attendees if they have any praises from last week or if they have any prayer requests for this week. Encourage them to pray for each other throughout the week.
Let Us Pray: Dear Father God, You are so amazing and worthy of our praise! You are the same today, yesterday and You will never change. We praise You for always going before us and giving us victory over the enemy, time and time again. Please search our hearts and bring to mind the places where we need to release fear in our lives so that our prayers will be bold and powerful. Help us to love You more and to walk closer to You each day. In Jesus mighty name, Amen.