SERIES: Accelerate: Make the BIG ASK!
SPEAKER: Pastor Tim
SCRIPTURE: Luke 11:1-13
THE LAUNCHING POINT: Asking God Activates The Almighty
MAKING THE CONNECTION:
1. God inhabits our praise. We need to meet Him every day, at the same time, in the same place.
- Share with the group a time and place you have reserved for God. If not, discuss what can you do to change this? If so, discuss the benefits of the time you have shared with Him.
2. Philippians 4:6 says we are to present a plea or request to God with prayer and praise, not a complaint or gripe or negativity.
- How do you think your prayers are currently?
- Sometimes we may misinterpret Gods response; we may think He is not listening, He is saying no or He is saying slow down and don’t go ahead of me.
- Share a time in your life where you felt one of these responses and talk about the outcome.
As Pastor Tim said, It would be easy to let the enemy plant a negative seed in your garden during these times of waiting.
- Discuss what we can do to prevent these attacks (such as recognizing the lies form Him and Him attacking your faith).
- Share a time when you may have experienced this.
3. THE BIG ASK: What hangs in the balance when you don’t make the big ASK?
Pastor Tim shared a story about George Muller who ran an orphanage in the 1800’s and every single day he made his requests to God and every single day God fed the children. Muller said he wanted his life to be a light to all people living in those times. He is there for you to rely on for all your needs.
- Discuss how this affects you personally and can change your life.
- For what BIG ASK does God want you to believe for?
- How can you carry this out in your own life?
TAKING THE NEXT STEP:
More Scripture: Mark 11:22-25; James 4:2; Jeremiah 33:3
- PRAYER IS ASKING GOD
- MAKE THE BIG ASK
- ASKING GOD ACTIVATES THE ALMIGHTY
- WE NEED TO PRAY AND DEPEND ON THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
PRAYER AND PRAISES:
- Ask your group attendees if they have any prayer requests or praises.
- Record any notes or requests to pray over throughout the week.
- Encourage your group to pray for each other throughout the week.
Let Us Pray: Dear Lord, Thank You so much for listening to us, Thank You that You are timeless and that You love us. God, You are so amazing and awesome and so worthy of our praise. Help us to have the courage to ask for big things and to not grow weary in the waiting. Help us to be a light to others through our faith in You. Please reveal to us those places where we still need to trust You. We love You and praise You. In Jesus name, Amen.