SERIES: Back to Haiti
SPEAKER: Pastor Tim and Mission Team
THE LAUNCHING POINT:
Our missions team returned from Haiti with a new view of what it means to live the Christian walk and were so excited to share what they experienced! God doesn’t need our gifts and talents, He wants our willingness and obedience. Our Haiti missions team saw 55 people come to accept the loving forgiveness of Jesus and make Him Lord of their lives! What they experienced is what happens when we are open to being willing and obedient to God. Are you ready to step outside your comfort zone and step into what God has for you?
MAKING THE CONNECTION:
1. “What is more pleasing to the Lord: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams. - 1 Samuel 15:22
- Sometimes we can get caught up doing work that we forget “the why” or the real reason we were doing it in the first place. The same can happen in our relationship with God. We can get caught up serving Him without seeking a relationship with Him. Have there been times in your life when this has happen? If so, what do you think lead to that?
- How can we keep what's first, first? How do we keep our relationship with God our priority?
2. “Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” - Matthew 28:16-20
- Jesus gave us a clear command to go make disciples by bringing them the Good News (Sharing the Gospel). Is this something that you have done? Why or why not?
- How can we give the saving Gospel of Jesus to those around us? Do you feel prepared do give someone the Good News if your were presented with the opportunity?
TAKING THE NEXT STEP:
God summed up all the commands in one commandment. Love God with all your heart, mind, soul, and strength. And to love people as yourself. Loving people is bringing them to Jesus. If we truly believe what we say we believe then it's our privilege and responsibility to share Jesus.
- What do you need to do to be equipped and prepared to share the Good News of Jesus when the opportunity arises?
- Take a moment and write a list of people who you know need to hear the Good News.
- As a group commit to pray for these people and to encourage each other to move forward in love and obedience to reach the people on the list with the Good News of Jesus!
- Keep those list and check in on each other on how its going monthly.
PRAYER REQUESTS, AND PRAYER:
Ask attendees to share any prayer requests they have. Record any notes or prayer requests to pray for them during the week.