SERIES: Love Ran Red
SPEAKER: Pastor Tim
SCRIPTURE: Ps. 31:10, Ps. 51:5, Matt. 7:3-5. Mark 7:14-23, Romans 3:23, Romans 6:23, 1 John 1:9, Rev. 1:5
THE LAUNCHING POINT: Sin Is Within
MAKING THE CONNECTION:
1. As Pastor Tim shared about the tragic shooting that took place in South Florida a few weeks ago, we were reminded of how sin is within as well as how sin played a critical part in this tragedy.
- Discuss as a group, what would have been different if sin had not entered the world?
- As a group read Romans 3:23; What do you think Paul meant by this?
2. Most of us are probably more aware of other people’s sin than our own personal sin. It is very easy to get caught up in the worlds sin and we neglect the sin in our own hearts.
- Share how you can relate to this in some way.
- Read Matthew 7:3-5; Why do you think we are so quick to judge someone else? Explain.
3. Romans 6:23, shares how the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life, through Jesus dying on the cross! His blood ran red which symbolizes that everything you have done or ever will do has already been covered.
- Discuss of a time in your life where you felt like your sin could never be undone?
- Share of a time where you felt free from your sin?
- How does Jesus' death on the cross make you feel? Share a sacrifice you have made for someone like Jesus did for us.
NEXT STEPS: Read: Revelation 1:5, 1 John 1:9, Psalms 31:10
- Talk about these Scriptures in your group and encourage one another to memorize one of these verses.
Let Us Pray: Dear Jesus, You are full of grace and mercy. Thank You for paying the ultimate price for our sins so that we can walk free from the burden of our past. Search our hearts God and show us where we need to change. We rededicate our lives to you today! Help us to love others and ourselves like You do. Continue to work in our group and keep the focus on You. We love You so much! In Jesus name, Amen.