SERIES: Love Ran Red: We Are All Barabbas!
SPEAKER: Pastor Tim
SCRIPTURE: Matthew 27:15-28
THE LAUNCHING POINT:
Pilate had to make a choice who would go free and who would stay in prison. He let the wrong people influence his decision and ultimately chose Barabbas over Jesus. We all have made bad decisions and choices that affect others.
MAKING THE CONNECTION:
- Have you ever made a major decision based on other people’s influence, did you have any regrets?
- Share a time in your life where you made a choice and it affected other people?
- In this passage, we read about how the crowd and Pilot treated Jesus. Share how we may do similar things to Him every day?
- What was Jesus reaction to Pilot’s accusations and ultimately his decision about Jesus life? How can this relate to Jesus’ reaction to us?
Isaiah 61:1 “The Spirit of the living God is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor, He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives will be released and prisoners will be free."
- One of the greatest gifts God gave us is choice
- We choose what makes us comfortable
- People choose the Jesus they want and refuse the Jesus they need
PRAYER REQUESTS, AND PRAYER:
Ask attendees to share any prayer requests they have. Record any notes or prayer requests to pray for them during the week.